Food blogger Nadiya Sarguroh has a recipe for your Valentine.
Treat your loved one to these awesome flaky treats that are super easy to make.
Nutella Puff Pastry Swirls
- 2 pre-rolled puff pastry sheets, easily available in specialist baking stores and online
- 2 tbsp chocolate and hazelnut Nutella spread
- 1 egg
- Baking/butter paper
- Butter for greasing baking tray and baking/butter paper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- While the oven is pre-heating, take one of the pastry sheets and spread it out.
Spread a thin but uniform layer of the Nutella on it.
- Place the second pastry sheet on top of the first sheet.
Gently keep patting the sheet to flatten both sheets into a kind of a sandwich and seal the edges.
Using a pizza cutter, cut vertical, 10-14 inch strips, along the longer edges of the pastry sheet.
Hold the sealed edge and twist each strip. Roll it into a swirl.
- Grease the tray and then line the tray with the baking paper and grease.
Place each swirl on the baking tray, at least 1 inch apart.
- Whisk the egg and using a pastry brush, coat the swirls generously with the whisked egg mixture.
- Bake the swirls in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool on a rack, before serving it with a cup of hot chocolate. These swirls can be had for breakfast or as a dessert.
Nadiya Sarguroh lives in Mumbai and publishes the food blog HautePot.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, we ask you, Dear Readers what is the best meal you have cooked for your Loved One?
Please mail your recipes to [email protected] (Subject: V-Day Recipe) with your name and where you live.
Don’t forget to send us photos and videos of the recipe, along with a pic of your Loved One and You.
Source: Read Full Article